I assume you were talking about the final except in authenticate

2009-05-19 17:41:31,822 - WARNING - An error while LDAP-
authenticating:
2009-05-19 17:41:31,823 - WARNING - (<class
exceptions.UnboundLocalError at 0xb7f396bc>,
<exceptions.UnboundLocalError instance at 0x9f9d82c>, <traceback
object at 0x9f70f04>)