We certainly want to support Clearcase. Unfortunately, we don't have access to a Clearcase license or install, so we pretty much need support from the community for this.
If anyone does have any patchsets for improved Clearcase support, please do let us know :) I would be happy to see our support improve and become easy to use. Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Dan Savilonis <[email protected]> wrote: > David, > > Feel free to start a discussion on reviewboard-dev. I haven't put any > active effort into improving support because I believe Clearcase is > obsolete, but I'll certainly help with any questions you have. > > Michael -- I'm curious, are you using RB unmodified, or do you > maintain a custom patchset to support your usage? > > Dan > > On Dec 21, 7:59 am, David McCloskey <[email protected]> wrote: > > I noticed on mine that when I make the review request, It makes a > > reference to a /CHECKEDOUT in the path, which means that when that > > file is checked in, the review request will be broken. Is that > > intended? If so, it's not good. Is there some place where discussion > > can be made about how to change this? I'm willing to put some time in > > to change how this works to make it work better. > > > > On Dec 20, 7:15 am, Michael Zhilin <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > > > > > Hi Dan, Nitin, > > > > > I would like to explain how we use ReviewBoard with ClearCase. Each > > > project contains 2 CC streams: for development and for integration. We > > > review only changes of development stream. Changes with same activity > > > headline are posted in one review request. Nobody creates review > > > requests. Review requests are created by special cron job which makes > > > monitoring of development stream. All review comments are sent to > > > development and tracked by internal issue tracking system. > > > > > I'm happy with ReviewBoard. It is perfect tool. But there is lack of > > > IDE integration for more flexible code review now (Eclipse+Mylyn). > > > > > Sincerely yours, > > > > > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Dan Savilonis <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > > Hi Nitin, > > > > > > There are some instructions in the documentation on setting up Review > > > > Board for ClearCase which you should start with, as well as various > > > > threads you can search for in the mailing list. However, I'd > recommend > > > > you find someone who is comfortable with ClearCase and cleartool to > > > > set it up. The process is not as smooth or flexible as with other > VCS. > > > > ClearCase does not fit well into the Review Board model and though > > > > there seem to be a number of users out there, I haven't seen a lot of > > > > feedback on how well it works for them. > > > > > > Dan > > > > > > On Dec 15, 3:06 am, Nitin GUpta <[email protected]> wrote: > > > >> My company is using Clear Case for repository, I have very little > > > >> understanding of clearcase. While searching i found that clearcase > > > >> could be supported by Review Board. So we installed Review Board. > But > > > >> unable to configure the clearcase settings. > > > > > >> Could anyone of you please help me to setup Review Board for > Clearcase. > > > > > > -- > > > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today athttp:// > www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > > > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > > > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<reviewboard%[email protected]> > > > > For more options, visit this group athttp:// > groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > > -- > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<reviewboard%[email protected]> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
