On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Stephen Gallagher <
step...@gallagherhome.com> wrote:

> On 04/20/2010 03:37 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether mod_wsgi would be somehow different or not.
>> initialize is called in reviewboard/urls.py, which should definitely be
>> invoked regardless. If you're seeing the "Log file for Review Board ..." in
>> the log files, then you should be seeing signal connections. That is, unless
>> something broke in Django's signals, but you're using Django 1.1.x, right?
>> Christian
>>  Yeah, I'm using Django 1.1.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. I have no
> plans to move to Django 1.2.
> I'm definitely seeing "Log file for Review Board ..." appearing. But when I
> put
> logging.info("connect_signals") in connect_signals(), it never prints.
> I suppose it could be a red herring. Is it possible that the logger won't
> work at that level?

Logging *should* be initialized at that point. The initial log entry is made
before the signal connection code should be called.

So, Django 1.1.1's signals are known to work, and we're using that with 1.5
beta 1 in a couple places with e-mail notifications... Very strange. I'm
afraid I don't have a good idea just yet, but I'll think about it.

You may want to try removing the .pyc file for whatever file you're
modifying to make sure that Python isn't using the compiled version (and
then restarting the web server to make sure its using the latest code).