Hi Christian,

After adding multiple debug statements as you have shown above, found
this in the "errmsg" of _cat_specific_file function.

2011-01-27 12:29:20,837 - DEBUG - /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
pycrypto-2.3-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/Crypto/Util/randpool.py:40:
RandomPool_DeprecationWarning: This application uses RandomPool, which
is BROKEN in older releases.  See http://www.pycrypto.org/randpool-broken
usage: rbssh [options] [user@]hostname command

rbssh: error: no such option: -l
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
messages if any)

[root@vm-jc-test1 system-test]# rbssh -h
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pycrypto-2.3-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/
Crypto/Util/randpool.py:40: RandomPool_DeprecationWarning: This
application uses RandomPool, which is BROKEN in older releases.  See
http://www.pycrypto.org/randpool-broken
usage: rbssh [options] [user@]hostname command

  --version             show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -p PORT, --port=PORT  the port to connect to
  -q, --quiet           suppress any unnecessary output

Just to reiterate, cvs command from CLI is working fine.
Please let me know how we can debug this issue further.

Thanks
Praveen