Hi,

Where on StackOverflow did you get that answer? I'm curious why you'd have
to modify that file (it will certainly make upgrades harder).

That __proxy__ error has been seen a few times, and is often some error not
being propagated properly. Check your server logs and see if there are any
more detailed errors there.

Which Git are you using on Windows?

A couple things to try:

1) Use a native Windows path for the repository: D:\Repositories\...
2) If using Cygwin's git, try the cygdrive path for D: that you'd use in the
Cygwin shell.
3) With any path you try, verify that it works in the shell on that system
using:

    git ls-remote <path> HEAD

Where <path> is what you're inputting into the Repository form.