So I turned on rbssh logging and it is getting called by pysvn.

However, it is getting called with the wrong username.  Instead of
<myusername> it is getting called with <root> as the username, so I'm
seeing the following in the logs:

07-10 19:19 root               DEBUG    ['/usr/bin/rbssh', '<hostname>',
'svnserve', '-t']
07-10 19:19 root               DEBUG    PID 6398
07-10 19:19 root               DEBUG    !!! skunkworks.veracode.local,
root, ['svnserve', '-t']
07-10 19:19 paramiko.transport DEBUG    starting thread (client mode):
0x1f40550L
07-10 19:19 paramiko.transport INFO     Connected (version 1.99, client
OpenSSH_4.3)
07-10 19:19 paramiko.transport INFO     Authentication (publickey) failed.
07-10 19:19 root               ERROR    Too many authentication failures
for root
07-10 19:19 paramiko.transport DEBUG    EOF in transport thread

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks in advance!