On 06/04/2013 05:47 AM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2013, at 2:44 AM, Stephen Gallagher <step...@gallagherhome.com
> <mailto:step...@gallagherhome.com>> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, pfee wrote:
>>     Hi Christian, Stephen,
>>     While testing Stephen's Fedora packages, on a F18 machine I
>>     upgraded from to 1.7.9.  Following the upgrade, I expected
>>     visiting the site's /dashboard URL would have told me to run
>>     "rb-site upgrade".  Instead I got a 500 "Something broke..." message.
>>     Despite not being prompted, I ran "rb-site upgrade
>>     /var/www/reviewboard" anyway.  The site came back to life and
>>     started working again as expected, however someone upgrading for
>>     the first time would not know to do this.
>> Ah, thanks for reminding me. Not that anyone actually reads the
>> updates notes, but I usually put a reminder in that you always need to
>> run rb-site upgrade after installing the packages. I'll tweak the
>> update notes when I get to work.
>> I've been meaning to patch the Fedora packages to do this
>> automatically, by having rb-site install save a config file with a
>> list of installed sites so I can have the %post script run the upgrade
>> on package install.
> I've actually been wanting such a file for Review Board upstream that
> rb-site can write to, so that we can be more intelligent about upgrades.
> If you come up with a good way to do it, let me know :)

Has Review Board formally and without question dropped Windows support?
If so, it becomes reasonably easy to hardcode a requirement on a file
such as /etc/ReviewBoard/sites which could be as simple as
one-path-per-line, and then patch rb-site to amend it when doing an
install and to iterate through it when calling 'rb-site upgrade' with no

Then all I would have to do in the Fedora packages is call 'rb-site
upgrade' in the %post section on upgrades.