On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, pfee wrote: > Hi Christian, Stephen, > > While testing Stephen's Fedora packages, on a F18 machine I upgraded from > 1.7.7.1 to 1.7.9. Following the upgrade, I expected visiting the site's > /dashboard URL would have told me to run "rb-site upgrade". Instead I got > a 500 "Something broke..." message. > > Despite not being prompted, I ran "rb-site upgrade /var/www/reviewboard" > anyway. The site came back to life and started working again as expected, > however someone upgrading for the first time would not know to do this. > > Ah, thanks for reminding me. Not that anyone actually reads the updates notes, but I usually put a reminder in that you always need to run rb-site upgrade after installing the packages. I'll tweak the update notes when I get to work.
I've been meaning to patch the Fedora packages to do this automatically, by having rb-site install save a config file with a list of installed sites so I can have the %post script run the upgrade on package install. > The output of "rb-site upgrade" is below, are the "unapplied evolutions" > message a cause for concern? > ===================================== > # rb-site upgrade /var/www/reviewboard > Rebuilding directory structure > Updating database. This may take a while. > > The log output below, including warnings and errors, > can be ignored unless upgrade fails. > > ------------------ <begin log output> ------------------ > Creating tables ... > Upgrading Review Board from 1.7.7.1 to 1.7.9 > There are unapplied evolutions for accounts. > There are unapplied evolutions for hostingsvcs. > There are unapplied evolutions for reviews. > Project signature has changed - an evolution is required > Installing custom SQL ... > Installing indexes ... > Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s) > Evolution successful. > ------------------- <end log output> ------------------- > > Resetting in-database caches. > > Upgrade complete! > ======================================== > > Thanks, > Paul > > On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 05:50:46 UTC+1, Christian Hammond wrote: >> >> Hi Angus, >> >> Looks like there's a small issue in the dependency rule that breaks >> easy_install's resolution for the version. >> >> Packagers, I'm going to be deploying a quick hotfix update to this, but >> without a version number bump. It's nothing but a package metadata change. >> Since you control your own metadata, this shouldn't affect you. >> >> Christian >> >> -- >> Christian Hammond - [email protected] >> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org >> Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com >> >> On Jun 3, 2013, at 9:48 PM, Angus Ku <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> Hi Christian, >> >> There is no Djblets-0.7.15-py2.7.egg folder in my >> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/**dist-packages" directory. >> So, I tried to run "easy_install -U Djblets" manually and Djblets 0.7.15 >> can be downloaded. >> After that, I use "easy_install -U ReviewBoard" to upgrade to 1.7.9 and >> then the issue is gone. >> >> So, I wonder that does "easy_install -U ReviewBoard" lack for checking >> the dependency of Djblets? >> >> BTW, thanks a lot for you help! ^.^ >> >> >> >> Christian Hammond於 2013年6月4日星期二UTC+**8下午12時16分28秒寫道: >> >> Hi Angus, >> >> You're definitely running an old version of Djblets. That would explain >> it, though I can't explain why you would be on that version. >> >> Is there a Djblets-0.7.15-py2.7.egg directory alongside the 0.7.12 >> directory by any chance? >> >> Christian >> >> -- >> Christian Hammond - [email protected] >> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org >> Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com >> >> On Jun 3, 2013, at 9:14 PM, Angus Ku <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> Hi Christian, >> >> Here is the result, >> >> import djbPython 2.7.3 (default, Aug 1 2012, 05:14:39) >> [GCC 4.6.3] on linux2 >> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >> (InteractiveConsole) >> le>>> import djblets >> >>> djblets.__file__ >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/**dist-packages/Djblets-0.7.12-** >> py2.7.egg/djblets/__init__.**pyc' >> >> Our repository is using Subversion. >> >> Thanks! >> >> Christian Hammond於 2013年6月4日星期二UTC+**8上午11時55分13秒寫道: >> >> Hi Angus, >> >> The "evolution is required" message is normal, and just part of our >> standard database migration work that rb-site does on your behalf. >> >> Can you verify for me what version of Djblets is installed? You can do: >> >> rb-site manage /path/to/site shell >> >>> import djblets >> >>> djblets.__file__ >> >> I want to rule out an older version of Djblets being used. The log you >> pasted shows that our logger is never even being used, which should not be >> possible unless something else being executed went out of its way to >> override it. >> >> Can you also tell me what type of repository you're working with? >> >> Christian >> >> -- >> Christian Hammond - [email protected] >> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org >> >> -- > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected] <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', > 'reviewboard%[email protected]');> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "reviewboard" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected] <javascript:_e({}, > 'cvml', 'reviewboard%[email protected]');>. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > > -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
