Hi Paul,

We've had gravatar support ever since 1.7 came out.

Gravatar.com is pretty much the de-facto standard avatar provider out there,
which lots of services and even developer tools integrate with. We're
optimizing for the 99% case where you at least have a proxy server set up to
reach the outside world.

Worst thing that happens otherwise is that you get a blank image. Oh well.

We may provide a way of customizing this in Review Board Enterprise, since
larger companies often have their own in-house employee photos/avatars stored
somewhere.