Am I correct in thinking that a good practice would be to have users enter
the reviewboard.url setting in their mercurial.ini/.hgrc files and have a
.reviewboardrc file with just a REPOSITORY line committed to the
repository, to avoid RBTools having to search for a matching repo in RB
each time?  This would avoid having individual developers running 'rbt

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Bruce Cran <> wrote:

> I agree, http 500 isn't at all useful: I think on my setup I was always
> seeing an error saying there were no matching repositories found.
> Christian's mention of Mirror Path was the hint I needed to look up the
> documentation - from there I realised that entering the ssh:// URL that
> developers use (Review Board accesses repos using a local path) would let
> setup-repo start working.
> --
> Bruce
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Sara Rayburn <>
> wrote:
>> Nowhere does that documentation refer to the fact that setup-repo will
>> often fail with less than useful errors. I think that the error should be
>> more useful (error 500 is not super helpful for the person trying to run
>> the setup command) and that the docs should mention that setup-repo is only
>> for the basic case, and explicitly state that you should custom configure
>> in more unusual cases. I mean, we figured it out, so the info is there, I
>> just think it could be clearer.
>> Anyway, it seems to be working for me on all of my projects, and it's
>> working for all of the window's developers. A couple of our programmers are
>> still having problems, but I'm not sure if that's bugs or user error. If
>> they aren't able to resolve their issues I'll post again with details.

Get the Review Board Power Pack at
Happy user? Let us know at
For more options, visit