Laurel Basciano wrote:
> >xdd "test.dat"
> >         CoKa7_Holzer(0.001)
> >         Radius(240)
> >         LP_Factor(17)
> >         axial_conv
> >                 filament_length 12
> >                 sample_length 15
> >                 receiving_slit_length 12
> >                 primary_soller_angle @  5
> 
Jim Cline replied:
> This is curious: it is the basic criteria one would use for the "full axial 
> model" of Topas.  It has nothing to do with a PSD.
> 
I did some tests on the profile of the first diffraction peak of LaB6, 
where I added a secondary soller angle, since I used secondary 
soller slits, and I added also the parameter for the horizontal 
divergence in the equitorial plane. Finally I added a crystallite-size 
parameter CS_L. I did the calculation for two measurements: one 
with a  horizontal divergence of 1/32 degrees and the other with 1/4 
degrees. Fundamental parameters were not refined,as it should be. 
If the FP description was correct, then CS_L should refine to 
approximately the same value in the two cases. Well, it doesn't 
(310 and 190 angstrom, respectively). The fits are reasonable, but 
not perfect. 
This seems to indicate that Basciano's model is indeed a bit too 
simple, and as Jim Cline suggested, not too well adapted to a PSD-
like detector. 
I guess I have to read Bob Cheary's work. Or does anybody have 
other ideas?

Arie              
*******************************************
A. van der Lee
Institut Europ�en des Membranes (UMR 5635)
Universit� de Montpellier II - cc 047
Place E. Bataillon
34095 Montpellier Cedex 5
FRANCE

visiting address: 300 Av. Prof. E. Jeanbrau

t�l.: 00-33-(0)4.67.14.91.35
FAX.: 00-33-(0)4.67.14.91.19
*******************************************


Reply via email to