chill wrote:
> That's fair enough.  I think LMS tries to deal with cases where there is
> no compilation tag, and it tries to second-guess the possibility that
> the ripping software set it to 0/false/N as a default, despite it being
> an obvious compilation.  But 'obvious' needs to be defined in rules for
> an algorithm.  I would take the view that no compilation tag doesn't
> necessarily mean it's not a compilation - maybe the user of the ripping
> software wasn't aware of the option.  I don't think LMS ever overrides a
> positive compilation tag, even if all the artists are the same - because
> it could be 'Greatest Hits' for instance.
>
> But, like you gents, the compilation tag doesn't bother me either.  If I
> want to play an album of various artists I'll usually find it by album
> name, or by looking for one of the artists that I know is on the album.
> Even though I don't normally use the option that shows Album Artists
> separately, as said, it strikes me as more of an issue that an
> explicitly defined Album Artist doesn't appear in the list for a
> compilation.
>
> As the code currently stands (for external cue sheets), the only way an
> album will NOT show up as a compilation is if the artist(s) for every
> track are identical, AND the Album Artist is present and the same.  In
> this case the Album Artist will show up in the list of album artists.

Just to be clear, although as stated above, none of my music has Album
Artist or Compilation tags, but any album with different track artists
is shown as a compilation under My Music > Compilations, which is
absolutely fine by me.

33241

|Filename: comps.jpg                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33241|

*Server - LMS 8.2.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Garage* - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi