what's obvious, is the Fred isn't likely to do it!

that's not saying that someone else might not, and who knows, if it
worked without screwing up something else, who knows...

What worries me was the extra cpu usage, I don't know if anyone noticed,
but since I personally have a bad habit of collecting old hardware and
using that, I have seen where some of the newer versions are not as
"snappy" as they used to be... (running the software on the new
(correct) hardware eliminates that concern)

so one has to carefully consider whats added..

PS, I am still lobbying for a "cold start switch"!

ja