On Tuesday, February 22, 2011, Julie S wrote:

> If Michael doesn't get to this or it doesn't solve the problem.  I'll look
> into it tomorrow.  I'm booked today.

I'm pretty sure this is it, Julie.  One of the things you fixed was ironing
out the behavior with transmitting the initial controllers properly.  I don't
remember the details, but I do remember you just recently telling somebody if
they didn't want such and such to transmit, they should change that controller
to "not showing" to avoid having it transmitted upon loading the file.

All three of Steve's demo files had the Expression controller showing in the
Instrument Parameters Box, and usually set to 0.  Loading one of these files
now sets expression on those channels to 0, which you can either fix channel
by channel, or you can warm boot the synth to put everything back to a default
state.

We used to have Expression and Sustain showing in the IPB by default, dating
back so long ago that some of those files have green control knobs.  Now all
of those files need to be doctored to either a) set Expression to something
other than 0, or b) remove the Expression controller from the IPB, so it won't
transmit upon loading the file.

What I'm doing is removing them from the list of controllers to be displayed.
Neither one of these controllers is very useful as a global-level knob, which
is why they were removed from the default controllers some years later.

I've got to go through the entire collection of files, because many others
have the same issue.  This didn't show up due to the channel mapping change
because that was a red herring.  It showed up due to you finally making
initial controllers work as intended.  We've had all these bogus and unwanted
controllers in there for years, and they never caused a problem until you
fixed this.
--
D. Michael McIntyre