On 8 May 2012 17:18, David Tisdell <david.tisd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The attempt at a Mac port was done before the codebase had been moved to qt.
> It was installed through fink. I exchanged email with the person who had
> tried it and he had run into significant  problems because of KDE
> dependencies and he gave up.

I think Brett was referring to more recent history -- I've compiled
the Rosegarden Qt4 codebase on OS/X before, without audio and MIDI
support. It's not hard to do. You can see a picture I uploaded at the
time (in 2009) at http://all-day-breakfast.com/m/thorn-osx-blah.png.

Presumably the RtMidi support in the current Windows build could also
serve for OS/X MIDI support, if one wasn't bothered about audio,
although there are various other possible options.

Chris