On 4/7/19 9:56 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 22:18:27 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

On 3/28/19 6:24 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
Not forgotten this - just busy firefighting yoshimi :(

   No problem.  I've been working my way through everything valgrind is
showing me to see if I can find your crashes.  Nothing yet.  Lots of
memory leaks, but nothing crashy.

I'm afraid I've still not had time to do anything with this - not fired up the
DAW at all lately - to much other stuff getting in the way :(

However, I think I can pin down the sequence of events a bit better.

I'll have several verses on a recorded over 3-4 tracks, and decide I want to
add a counter melody to verse 2. I'll actually start the recording a verse
ahead and begin to play near the end of that verse to get in the grove and timed
right, going on into the wanted verse.

When I stop, I'll wind back, cut the track by time, and delete the unwanted
preamble. Next I'll want to go into the 'good' bit to do some fine tuning, and
that's is the point when the crash happens. My guess is that the delete
operation has left an invalid pointer somewhere.

Mine would happen when I cut off the end of a segment and deleted it, then tried to edit the rest of the segment.

However, if *immediately* after doing the delete, I save the file it seems to
sort everything out and is then OK.

Hmm, never tried that. My general practice with saving things is, "If something got messed up, don't risk saving something mangled over the 'good' version I had before!" :)

--
David W. Jones
http://dancingtreefrog.com