Hello Matt,

You are correct when you say that syncdat is a rsync or unison like product but what sets them apart is the enhanced performance over a wide area network that syncdat provides. By utilizing our MTP technology, sycndat is able to scan and send changed files up to ten times faster and in some cases even faster depending on the configuration and network path. We use live customer scenarios for our benchmarks, which I could forward onto you but what I recommend that you do is give the software a try in your environment. This will give you a true benchmark for your situation based on your live network environment.

Mike

On Jul 16, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Matt McCutchen wrote:

On 7/13/07, Chris Shoemaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 03:21:43PM -0400, Mike Jackson wrote:
> Looking for more efficient replication or synchronization solution
> than rsync, take a look at syncdat by www.dataexpedition.com

   Does anyone have any experience with 'syncdat' from Data
Expedition?  How does it compare to rsync?

I looked at the syncdat feature list (
http://www.dataexpedition.com/syncdat/features.html ).  Aside from the
claim of much better performance, syncdat appears to be equivalent to
a combination of rsync, unison, and ssh.  Mike, am I missing something
that syncdat can do but rsync and unison can't?  And is more
information available about the benchmark that found that syncdat is
"Up to ten times faster than rsync" (
http://www.dataexpedition.com/syncdat/ )?

Matt