On Thu, 2021-09-23 at 20:32 -0700, John H Palmieri wrote:
> Item #2 actually happened. Can you cite posts from people successfully
> using the tools you mention to get around it?

People who solve the unnecessary problem in the obvious and reliable
way don't post about it. If you really doubt that these tools can be
used to work around it, you can download sage-9.3 on fedora-34 and try
it. But I don't think anyone is claiming that they don't work.

Item #2 happened, incidentally, only because we've copy & pasted so
many packages into sage pretending to be a linux distribution.
Eliminating that problem altogether begins right here, at the root of
the dependency tree.