On 2016-09-21 16:19, Jonathan Bober wrote:
I moved discussion to sage-devel, but wanted to add for anyone who comes
across this and has problems: my simple temporary workaround is to
change the line

paristack_setsize(size, mem.virtual_memory_limit() // 4)

paristack_setsize(size, min(mem.virtual_memory_limit() // 4, 1000000000))

in the file src/sage/libs/pari/pari_instance.pyx. (And then run sage -b.)

As I already mentioned earlier in this thread, even more easy is to change the memory at runtime, when starting up Sage:

pari.allocatemem(10^7, 10^7)