Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao --Change to: License Plate Holder

2015-06-05 Thread Dan Penoff via Mercedes
That's the only reason I can think of where they might refuse to supply a part to a particular area. They're pretty harsh about that one and there is no way to get around it that know of. However, I did like the idea of sourcing the part off of eBay Germany or some other country that uses the

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao --Change to: License Plate Holder

2015-06-05 Thread MG via Mercedes
Let me try and find the number again. As you say it may be in that regional security group because it's to hold the license plate. Manfred Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 20:29:23 -0400 From: Dan Penoff d...@penoff.com Dealer dookie. They have to make a special request for it, like any non-North

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Mountain Man via Mercedes
More info found. Evidently this is common taxi in Urup. http://en.vindecoder.pl/WDB1241201A007599 http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/227519-87-300d-4-cylinder-5-speed-manual.html mao ___ http://www.okiebenz.com To search list archives

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Dan Penoff via Mercedes
Dealer dookie. They have to make a special request for it, like any non-North American part, which they can do as a list or individual part. My dealer did it several times for me. As a matter of fact, they’re doing it right now. My R129 (1997 SL500) has a very expensive and poorly engineered

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Mitch Haley via Mercedes
On June 4, 2015 at 8:03 PM Mountain Man via Mercedes mercedes@okiebenz.com wrote: More info found. Evidently this is common taxi in Urup. Some of the cheapest W124s around yerp were 200Ds. Leading to a certain amount of silliness among the younger set when they hit the bottom of the

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Curly McLain via Mercedes
I tried to buy the front bumper bracket to hold a euro license plate. Was told that MB would not send them over here. The dealer's service dept had tried to get one a couple of years ago when one of the mechanics damaged one on a customer's car, even there MB would not send a replacement. What

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread MG via Mercedes
a great company. Manfred Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 13:10:05 -0400 From: Dan Penoff d...@penoff.com Subject: Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao Unlikely. While the North America dealers may not have it in their EPC, as long as you can identify part numbers they can order them. Nearly everything

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Dan Penoff via Mercedes
Unlikely. While the North America dealers may not have it in their EPC, as long as you can identify part numbers they can order them. Nearly everything on the car with the exception of the engine would have been available on this side of the pond anyway. When I had the 1984 250LWB (Euro spec

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Curly McLain via Mercedes
You should be able to find part numbers that are different from USA models on one of the rooskie websites. I'd be the classic center can help also. 124 is out of production 20 years now. I looked up the 123 door pod on autohausAz last night and they are a buck more than the Classic Center.

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-04 Thread Randy Bennell via Mercedes
On 03/06/2015 9:28 PM, Mountain Man via Mercedes wrote: clay wrote: Maybe because we have no designation for it on this end of the pond, so the seller uses a designation we will jump on. He should have led off with w124 manual trans. I spoke briefly with the guy - he is from Romania...

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Mitch Haley via Mercedes
Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5055658078.html If the fan shroud fit, I'd assume it was an ordinary 200D. Very low chassis number, sure it isn't a 1986 that was imported in 1987? ___ http://www.okiebenz.com To search

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Curly McLain via Mercedes
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5055658078.html Rick Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 __ I looked at the pictures, but I didn't see a body stile. Neither did I see the 2,3 litters on the engine. At least it is NOT black! 15 bundts? if so, they may be worth the price of the car.

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread WILTON via Mercedes
A 4 cyl 300D? How dey do dat? Wilton - Original Message - From: Rick Knoble via Mercedes mercedes@okiebenz.com To: Mercedes Discussion List mercedes@okiebenz.com Cc: Rick Knoble rickkno...@hotmail.com Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 3:37 AM Subject: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Curly McLain via Mercedes
I was thinking if someone had an OM60x turbo to stick in it, it could be a nice car. I still don't see the body stile. (steps over the body) The engine air intake looks wrong too. just hanging out in space That car looks totally mickey mouse. I see that the cooling fan sits about 6

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Meade Dillon via Mercedes
That car looks totally mickey mouse. I see that the cooling fan sits about 6 inches back from the shroud on the radiator, so something really odd is going on there. Also, the serp. belt has been replaced with a shorter version to omit the AC compressor, so AC doesn't work. Engine wiring and

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Jim Cathey via Mercedes
A 4 cyl 300D? How dey do dat? Maybe the 2.4 fell off the right side of the trunk? :-) -- Jim ___ http://www.okiebenz.com To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/ To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread clay via Mercedes
Maybe because we have no designation for it on this end of the pond, so the seller uses a designation we will jump on. He should have led off with w124 manual trans. clay On Jun 3, 2015, at 7:20 AM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote: A 4 cyl 300D? How dey do dat? Wilton - Original

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Mountain Man via Mercedes
clay wrote: Maybe because we have no designation for it on this end of the pond, so the seller uses a designation we will jump on. He should have led off with w124 manual trans. I spoke briefly with the guy - he is from Romania... yeah, probably sounds like scam... How do you put 3 liters

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Fred Moir via Mercedes
W124.120 200D European delivery. Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred. Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:08:38 -0400 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com Subject: Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao From: mercedes@okiebenz.com CC: dillonm...@gmail.com That car looks totally mickey mouse. I see that the cooling fan

Re: [MBZ] Another Car for Mao

2015-06-03 Thread Curly McLain via Mercedes
Maybe the rooskie websites have info on that VIN. W124.120 200D European delivery. Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred. ___ http://www.okiebenz.com To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/ To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to: