Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will give it a try! Sebastián Caicedo Dávila Bionanoelectronics research group School of electrical and electronics engineering Universidad del Valle Cali - Colombia
> On 18/11/2013, at 11:50, Максим Арсентьев <[email protected]> wrote: > > I also try some siesta only six months, but for a more heterogeneous > structure I noticed that the reduction DM.MixingWeight reduces oscillations > in convergence, so try to play with it (decrease DM.MixingWeight). See > http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/v7/n9/extref/nnano.2012.127-s2.txt > Maybe someone will tell something else. > > > 2013/11/18 Sebastian Caicedo D. <[email protected]> >> Dear Siesta/Transiesta users, >> >> I've been using the software for a couple months and made some calculations >> of InAs and InP unit cell quite successfully. Now I intend to work on >> transiesta calculations of a heterostructure of both these materials (InAs >> bulk with InP barriers). As a first approach I want to simulate a couple of >> InAs unit cells and the barriers shall be unit cells of InP, just to get a >> qualitative idea. The electrodes .TSHS files were obtained from the previous >> calculations of the InAs unit cell. I wanted first to run a siesta >> calculation of the whole heterostructure, so I can take a look at the >> eigenvalues and define a correct value for the parameter >> TS.ComplexContour.Emin, as suggested in the manual. >> >> The structure has 120 atoms and I'm using LDA Pseudopotentials, obtained >> from the siesta webpage. (In Pseudo includes semicore electrons, so we have >> enough electrons to build a zinc-blende structure). The issue is that after >> 1000 SCF steps, the energy doesn't converge at all. I'm doing a Gamma-point >> calculation, but even when I make the k-grid 1x1x15 it doesn't work either. >> >> I used the same MeshCutoff as for the individual materials unit cell an >> 200Ry and I increased the Energy Shift, so the calculation would be a bit >> faster though less precise. >> >> I attach the Input (INPUT.fdf, STRUCTURE.fdf) and output files. >> >> I would really appreciate any suggestions. >> >> sincerely >> >> Sebastian Caicedo Davila >> Bionanoelectronics Group >> School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering >> Universidad del Valle >> Cali-Colombia > > > > -- > Best wishes, > Dr. Maxim Arsent'ev > Laboratory of inorganic synthesis > Institute of Silicate Chemistry of RAS
