Hello Diana!!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I'll give it a try and maybe I'll be 
bothering you again, if it is not an imposition, of course.

Gracias de nuevo, y saludos desde tu tierra!

Sebastian Caicedo Davila
Bionanoelectronics Research Group
School of electrical and electronics engineering
Universidad del Valle
Cali - Colombia.



On Nov 21, 2013, at 11:02 AM, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> Hello Sebastian, 
> 
> I have had similar problems with convergence of the scf cycle. They were 
> solved when I changed from Pulay mixing to Broyden mixing for the charge 
> density. 
> 
> Usually if something doesn't converge in 250 cycles, it probably never will. 
> Also you can play with the DM.Tolerance. For very difficult systems I set it 
> to 0.0008 and then restart from that DM file with a stringer convergence 
> criterion. 
> 
> Here is the settings I am using for my calculations:
> 
> #--------------------Convergence of SCF-------------------------------
> MeshCutoff               200.0 Ry      # Default value PW cutoff for grid
> 
> 
> MaxSCFIterations        250              # Maximum number of SCF iter
> DM.NumberBroyden        3
> DM.MixingWeight         0.01             # New DM amount for next SCF cycle
> DM.Tolerance            0.0001           # Tolerance in maximum difference
> DM.UseSaveDM            .false.          # to use continuation files
> 
> DM.NumberKick                  100
> DM.KickMixingWeight            0.01
> #----------------------------------
> 
> Suerte!
> 
> PS: yo tambien soy caleña!
> 
> Diana M. Otálvaro
> PhD Candidate
> 
> Computational Material Science
> MESA+ Institute of Nanotechnology
> University of Twente.
> Enschede, Nederland
> From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of Максим 
> Арсентьев [[email protected]]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:29 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Convergence problem on heterostructure.
> 
> I forgot to tell you - besides DM.MixingWeight 0.05 I also set 
> PAO.EnergyShift to 65 meV as 
> herehttp://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/v7/n9/extref/nnano.2012.127-s2.txt .
> 
> Best wishes,
> Dr. Maxim Arsent'ev
> Laboratory of inorganic synthesis
> Institute of Silicate Chemistry of RAS
> 
> 
> 2013/11/18 Mahmoud Hammouri <[email protected]>
> You could also try to increase the non-equilibrium contour points.
> 
> Mahmoud
> 
> 
> On Nov 18, 2013, at 11:22, "Sebastián Cauce do Dávila" 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will give it a try!
>> 
>> Sebastián Caicedo Dávila
>> Bionanoelectronics research group
>> School of electrical and electronics engineering
>> Universidad del Valle
>> Cali - Colombia
>> 
>> 
>> On 18/11/2013, at 11:50, Максим Арсентьев <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> I also try some siesta only six months, but for a more heterogeneous 
>>> structure I noticed that the reduction DM.MixingWeight reduces oscillations 
>>> in convergence, so try to play with it (decrease DM.MixingWeight). See 
>>> http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/v7/n9/extref/nnano.2012.127-s2.txt
>>> Maybe someone will tell something else.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 2013/11/18 Sebastian Caicedo D. <[email protected]>
>>> Dear Siesta/Transiesta users,
>>> 
>>> I've been using the software for a couple months and made some calculations 
>>> of InAs and InP unit cell quite successfully. Now I intend to work on 
>>> transiesta calculations of a heterostructure of both these materials (InAs 
>>> bulk with InP barriers). As a first approach I want to simulate a couple of 
>>> InAs unit cells and the barriers shall be unit cells of InP, just to get a 
>>> qualitative idea. The electrodes .TSHS files were obtained from the 
>>> previous calculations of the InAs unit cell. I wanted first to run a siesta 
>>> calculation of the whole heterostructure, so I can take a look at the 
>>> eigenvalues and define a correct value for the parameter 
>>> TS.ComplexContour.Emin, as suggested in the manual.
>>> 
>>> The structure has 120 atoms and I'm using LDA Pseudopotentials, obtained 
>>> from the siesta webpage. (In Pseudo includes semicore electrons, so we have 
>>> enough electrons to build a zinc-blende structure). The issue is that after 
>>> 1000 SCF steps, the energy doesn't converge at all. I'm doing a Gamma-point 
>>> calculation, but even when I make the k-grid 1x1x15 it doesn't work either.
>>> 
>>> I used the same MeshCutoff as for the individual materials unit cell an 
>>> 200Ry and I increased the Energy Shift, so the calculation would be a bit 
>>> faster though less precise.
>>> 
>>> I attach the Input (INPUT.fdf, STRUCTURE.fdf) and output files.
>>> 
>>> I would really appreciate any suggestions.
>>> 
>>> sincerely
>>> 
>>> Sebastian Caicedo Davila
>>> Bionanoelectronics Group
>>> School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
>>> Universidad del Valle
>>> Cali-Colombia
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Dr. Maxim Arsent'ev
>>> Laboratory of inorganic synthesis
>>> Institute of Silicate Chemistry of RAS
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Best wishes,
> Dr. Maxim Arsent'ev
> Laboratory of inorganic synthesis
> Institute of Silicate Chemistry of RAS

Responder a