Just to clarify: You are doing MD, not a geometry optimisation, and you are surprised that the forces don't go to zero? What are you trying to find? For a minimum energy structure, you need a geometry optimisation. In an MD simulation the total (potential+kinetic) energy should remain constant (depending on your ensemble...), but the forces will vary.

  Herbert