Hi Folks

Thanks for all the responses! You can't imagine how curiously comforting it
is to talk about retirement while preparing for a Monday morn.

Now Deepak, those were some great tips and links. Thanks so much. I guess
I'm partially there in terms of a corpus, and I sometimes get anxious that
I'm not further down the road, but I feel reassured with your explanation
of how to steadily build it up over the years. I was wondering what you
meant by buffers in your statement:

>You don't want a precise plan - you need lots of buffers - but you need an
idea that this takes me to age 90.

Yes, I do need to factor in a child's expenses. As for travel, I'll try and
do that while I'm still earning and shoestring it later. That was a sound
portfolio plan you laid out.

Rajesh: I'm guessing Deepak's company also does financial management. I've
been working with Credence Family Office based on Bangalore.

Shyam/Shobha: Lovely to meet you folks here. Will circle back and give an
update at some point. Frankly, I really don't know if I have a good number
in mind. Need to analyse that a bit more.

To Dave and other's points on wondering what to do with time - I don't
think I'll have that challenge at all. I have a number of things that I
want to do. Or want to do more of. Like not ending a sentence with a
preposition. Shame on me. :)

Thanks
Sandhya