Charcoal smoke flavors
And the stone heats up comparatively slowly
You could replicate this with pizza stones and liquid smoke plus controlled
temperature

        --srs

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 10:32 AM -0800, "Jitendra Vaidya"
<jitendra.vai...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for the welcome, Huda and Deepa.

Huda, "The Food Lab" looks quite interesting. Thank you for the
recommendation and yes, would love to get the recipes from your Mum.

"Patthar ka gosht" looks like a recipe I would like to try but the coal
used for heating the stone seems incidental as I do not see how it would
impart any flavor to the meat. I think a pizza stone in an oven will likely
work equally well.

Speaking of cooking techniques, has anybody tried Sous Vide? I would love
to try it but the thought of cooking food in a polyethylene bag for long
periods of time puts me off.

-Jiten