Thanks for starting this thread, Udhay.

As someone who has been interested in financial inclusion and would like to
see India become a developed country in my lifetime, our country's callous
handling of the pandemic has driven me to anger, grief and sadness. The
news of people dying from lack of oxygen concentrators, delayed treatment
etc has been cause for acute anxiety and depression. The ray of hope in all
this darkness has been how individuals have rallied and organized
themselves to provide food, medicines and other supplies. Even as I see
homelessness and despair grow in the streets around me, I also saw people
bringing food packets in scooters and cars and selflessly delivering it to
the homeless. Ultimately, this is a role that the state should do. This is
what we as taxpayers pay the state to do and to see the state absent here
is to realise how far we need to go to develop world class governance
capabilities.

I am a happy introvert but this pandemic has been hard, even for me. I know
it must be ten times harder for my friends who are extroverts. Based on the
vaccine procurement and rollout, my rough estimate is that we will emerge
from this pandemic only by the end of 2022. If it happens earlier, I will
consider it a bonus. I have managed to cope by:

1. Slowing down my life. I quit an earlier job which was a thankless task
that consumed my days and nights and weekends too, and took on a consulting
role that gives me more work-life balance. It is less pay, but I decided
that it is what makes me happy.
2. Catching up on my reading
3. Music. I bought the Harman Kardon Soundsticks 4 and love listening to
blues, jazz, ghazals and all other kinds of music on it.
4. Exercise. After years, I have been regular with exercise and it has been
a great morale booster.
5. Catching up with friends over a walk. This has been my biggest mode of
socializing during the pandemic. We walk wearing masks and we take great
care to follow Covid appropriate behavior.

I could write more but have to get back to work :-)

Venky