We did take her yesterday. The vet, after consulting his handbooks for
about 15 minutes, came to the same conclusion. There is no treatment
for this disease other than to give antibiotics and steroids a try - not
something we want to do to her... If the breathing isn't affected, outlooks
are pretty good, it just can take anywhere from a few weeks to several
months for her to recuperate from this.

We want to help her hasten the healing as much as we can, and will try
most everything. She's been a very active and healthy dog (no vaccines and
on a raw diet), and just laying there must be incredibly frustrating for her.

Heidi

I just mention this because you come to this forum for advice, but why don't you take her to the vet? Faith G.