On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:13:48PM -0500, Norton, Steve wrote:

> I came across this on another forum:
> http://www.tbyil.com/CS%20Chart.htm
> My question is: If home brewed CS is primarily ionic particles >and ionic
> silver is individual silver atoms and CS effectiveness is directly
> related to particle size with the smaller the particle the greater the
> available surface area/ppm, then why is the effectiveness of ionic CS
> rated so low? Sorry about the run-on sentence.
>  - Steve N

As I recently learned on this list the effectiveness of CS vs ionic silver
seems to depend upon whom you ask, but as I understand it:

It's because ionic silver is silver ions (atoms missing an electron or with
an extra electron) dissolved in water. Ionic silver is not a colloid, and
(depending upon whom you believe) the whole point is the colloidal suspension
of nano particles. Also, colloids are stable, whereas ionic solutions are
volatile
(by definition ions are in search of something with which to react).

Now having said that, there are apparently other theories on the matter
which hold the opposite to be true (i.e., that the eagerness of ionic silver
to react might increase its potency).

BTW, it's hard to understand what that chart you linked really means, especially
as it is on a vendor's site. One thing I rarely see discussed is the fact
that making a consistent product is really, really hard to do. When they
say, "We make 20PPM and those guys over there don't", they really can't know
that
unless they test each and every batch made by everyone. There is pretty much no
way
that anyone is turning out CS with consistent PPM numbers, as there are so many
variables
which can influence it -- some of which are not even known.

Of course you should know that I am not a doctor and only an amateur chemist
(though that disclaimer hasn't stopped people from angrily challenging me
before, LOL), and that YMMV.