On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 02:17:30PM -0500, Norton, Steve wrote:

> Just so you know, it is ionic silver that actually works - not
> colloidal silver. The value of having the silver initially in
> colloidal form is to get it past the stomach acids in the digestion
> process. Colloidal silver converts to ionic upon contact with single
> cell pathogens and at the cellular level where needed."

It'd be interesting to see some research proving that one.
Colloidal silver does not "convert to ionic" period, at least not without
electricity.

> One of Frank's accomplices, Mike Devour, a self-proclaimed
> libertarian and owner of the Silver List, promptly banned Stuart from
> further participation on the forum for life.

That's rather discouraging, if true.

> The principal conclusions from the study are as follows:
> * Before being treated with HCl, the ionic species of silver achieves
> total kill in four minutes, and is at least 100 times more potent than
> the particulate form of silver.
> * The particulate form of silver, which does contain a small amount of
> silver-ions, loses almost all its antibacterial potency when the ionic
> silver component is removed (a result of the reaction to HCl).
> * Comparative antibacterial potency loss in ionic-silver, due to the
> same HCl treatment, is negligible.
> * After being treated with HCl, under the same experimental conditions,
> the ionic-silver is now shown to be a whopping 10,000 times more potent
> than the particulate silver.
> The results of this study clearly show that ionic species of silver
> dramatically outperformed the particulate species of silver. In fact, it
> was not even close!"
>
> I did a search on the study and the Army medic R. D. Todd and found
> nothing but was informed that if I bought a 500 page book the study
> would be provided in full detail in the book. Question, does anyone know
> anything about the study and it's validity?

I wish I did, and hopefully someone here knows something.
If the alleged study is provided in full in the book but appears nowhere
else, I'd have to call shenanigans though. There are too many people with a
profit motive in disseminating such informaition, if true, for it to remain
such a deep, dark secret -- don't you think?