"Asif Nathekar" <asifnathe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Will connector blocks do?...
>
>I used that in my first prototype to suspend the silver electrodes into the DW.
>
>Will need to separate them (as they come in blocks), and ensure that connector
>block elements (plastic and metal) doesn't touch the DW for fear of
>contamination and also the metals from the brass or steel will go into the DW
>and contaminate with nasty stuff like Nickel.
>
>I believe that it is very easy, cheap(Possibly less than a dollar for a
>connector block - of which you only require 2) and certainly within the
>capabilities of the average non-technical person.
>
>the tools required for this would be a kitchen knife to cut the plastic to
>separate the connector block, and a electrical screwdriver used to wire plugs
>etc, to screw in the silver wire.
>
>Peace and blessings to all,
>
>Asif.

Asif,

Yes, a connector block may work very well, and may solve the problem. This
is a very good suggestion. I had completely forgotten about that option.

Do you know where they can be obtained inexpensively? They can be the
smallest available, since they only need to handle about 22 gauge solid and
perhaps 24 gauge to 26 gauge stranded. The only thing people would need is
a small screwdriver, which can easily be obtained at any dollar store.

I will be very happy to include your suggestion in the build instructions
for the SilverCell. This may very well overcome a roadblock that could
enable others to give it a try.

That may result in healing that would not otherwise occur, which is the
reason for this entire effort.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I think it may work very well.

Thanks,

Mike Monett
SilverCell

Archives: