you have some valid points.. But your theory or "their" theory on metabolic types is also inconsistant. It works for some but doesn't work for all. So if it is individual then one cannot say that one works for all. And if a holistic nutritionist opinion is in question? then we might as well throw all professional based thinking out the window and go back to the drawing board for "ALL" involved. You probably noticed I didn't mention "dietician" also limitted in thinking from my experience. I would humbly say that if someone has a condition, which ever that condition may be has to do their own dilegence homework but also keep an open mind enough to consider all methods in anything undertaken.

with all due respect.

Ernie

From: sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>cholesterol and triglycerides, was Re: CS>Niacin
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:20:24 -0700

What makes one person acidic doesn't mean that same thing will make every single human being on the planet acidic. Check the book "Metabolic Typing Diet". It discusses the acid/alkaline balance. Some of us achieve balance on a diet that would throw others out of whack. There is a HUGE fallacy in thinking everyone needs or thrives or will achieve a good acid/alkaline balance on the same diet. It simply is not true. There is no laziness involved for me, at least. Most nutritionists are far too likely to believe that there is only one diet that is best for everyone, so only SOME of their clients will thrive on their recommendations. Many will become worse. FWIW, I did not go on Atkins to lose weight, but to feel better, and I did. Anyone who went on an Atkins low carb diet and felt worse would be a fool to continue. Just as it would have been foolish for me to stay on a low fat vegetarian diet. Any understanding of food/how to eat is individual, there is no one best way for everyone.
sol

epa...@sympatico.ca wrote:

Atkins is certainly NOT a healthy way of eating IMHO.
This makes the blood and the body's environment EXTREMELY acidic. which makes it a great host for future problems. our system is not designed to be acidic. The simple reason all these different "diets" have been created is because people are too lazy in most cases to exercise properly and daily. People want a fast and convenient way to lose weight. Proper diet means eating sensibly and complimenting this with regular proper exercise.