The problem, is that they constantly break things or just don't work. If
you can get them to work consistently on your end... more power to ya.

bmp? xpm? Naa... photos. Analog. Keepin it real over here.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Raffaele Fragapane <
raffsxsil...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Totally, why on earth would anyone ever want some functionality or
> versatility?! Down with it! Bring MS' bmp back, I say.
>

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Gene Crucean <
> emailgeneonthel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's *exactly *why I hate them. Wayyyy too many flavors and options
>> for people to f**k up. Yes they support a lot of features... but I almost
>> never want any of them, and I don't want texture guys saving them with
>> layers using lzw compression in cmyk ;)
>>
>> Seriously. They suck :P
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Steven Caron <car...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> tifs are perfectly fine... they support many bit depths, mip mapping,
>>> and tiling. i did a comparison to exr as a texture format years ago and
>>> OIIO/Arnold liked the tif files better.

Gene Crucean - Emmy winning - Oscar nominated VFX Supervisor / iOS-OSX
Developer / Filmmaker / Photographer
** *Freelance for hire* **
www.genecrucean.com

~~ Please use my website's contact form on www.genecrucean.com for any
personal emails. Thanks. I may not get them at this address. ~~