Quick correction, I think the 6 weeks-2 month is quite good. And still, if you
have a client, it can ruin your schedule in a second!

-----Original Message-----
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Szabolcs Matefy
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:29 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: alien character

Yep, it could be done in a week, 24/7 :) and the night shift :D

I think Paul quality requires sculpting, retopo, Paul had a very decent facial
rig, and if  you want some neat rig, I guess it would take at least four weeks
to stay on the safe side. And of course, if there's a client, it might double
this estimate :) And it is a very comfortable estimate. Supertight conditions
might indicate even two weeks, but I think 1 week is quite underestimate. Let
just one issue happens, and the schedule is ruined. If I'd do it, I'd count at
least few days on sculpting, a day or two for the retopo, a day or less for UV
mapping, a day for baking base maps (displacement, bump, AO) and few days for
texturing. And of course if you make texture the renderer must be also
considered. And rigging can be tricky, if you want nice deformation, and facial
rigging...that can be the hardest and of course the most rewarding...I guess a
4 week is a fair starting estimate :)