What about a "test random probability" node?

Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 14:20:08 +0100
Subject: Re: How to weight size preference on instance shapes in ICE?
From: tridi.animei...@gmail.com
To: x...@colorshopvfx.dk; softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Maybe you can try with an fcurve? If you are using a randomize value by range,
make that range between 0 and 1, pipe it in an Fcurve node, and rescale to your
actual size range. And now you can use the curve to weight it.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk> wrote:

    I am doing RBD sim with Momentum using instance shapes with 22 different
instance objects. I am randomizing the size of these for variation, but would
like to weight the variation so I get few large ones but many small - like a 10
- 90 % ratio for instance. Aside form making many instance objects and make the
size relationships
    in the instance group, is there a way to do this in the ICE tree?

  Morten (tired simulator artist these days)