Great initiative Alastair.

While I can't offer examples of ingenious ways to make good use of ICE -
many others here can - I will take the opportunity to advocate for not only
developing Bifrost to work in a similar fashion to ICE, but also take it
one step further for those of us less technically inclined.

I love ICE, use Mootzoid and Exocortex plugins regularly and probably
generally use ICE on 80-90% of my productions, one way or another, so don't
get me wrong here. It is however also a fact that I spend way too much time
trying to do stuff that should be very easy, but failing to do so because
of context mismatches and incompatible data types, like when I want to use
pointcloud data on a polygonal mesh or the other way around. Handling and
controlling orientation comes to mind too - this has often taken too much
time when all I want to do is something similar to the UI constraints, with
choice of axis for orientation constraints etc.

So in order to make more of the (hopefully coming) power of Bifrost
available to less technical artists, I would suggest to go further in
creating higher level control nodes too, but certainly not sacrificing the
low level access to the nuts and bolts for those who understand this.

Hoping I am not the only one wishing for something like this, I realize it
would be a fase 4 in the Bifrost rollout :)

Morten