Again I'd love to agree, but nope, it does not. We spent inordinate amounts of
time (mostly Eugen) pimping Soft's curve editing features to the point where we
felt almost as comfortable as in Max, and it was still not there, let alone raw
performance (i.e. loading/displaying 20.000 curves and actually editing them
without having to take a coffee break right before and after each edit). Maya
is better in the performance compared to Soft, but feature wise, it's also
behind Max (including ease of use). And you often need those features to clean
up and extrude floor plans and what not, as we still get 2D data from clients,
even these days.

" It comes with a ton of import options, great and fast Spline editing features,
good enough proceduralism."

Softimage has all of that. So does others like Maya, Modo, Houdini, Blender,
C4D etc.

As for VRay and Readymade assets I agree, but these are third party stuff not
shipped with Max. So I guess you are right partly.

   Stefan Kubicek ste...@keyvis.at
          Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
    A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
     Phone: +43 (0) 699 12614231