@Eric Truman: I considered a different approach and did a bit of RnD in
order to check which was the best solution, and in the end I did the switch
to Unreal...

Character customization WIP <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CLuZJFCC7Q>

This is a tool I'm currently working on...it took me 2 days in total (
consider 2-3 hours per day ) to figure out the logic behind the blend shape
blending, visual update, lipsync retargeting and so on, which is something
that in Unity I have to code, there is no script which currently do that,
and of course I have to hire someone for this...

I already asked, more or less a year ago, about some custom scripts for an
interactive architectural project I was working on, to be able to see in
into the browser and be, well, interactive...only for the scripts ( 6 in
total ) the average price I was asked was 800$, plus some plugins (
including Playmaker for simple node based logic stuff ), so in the end the
loss on the project was way too much.

Luckily I waited and UE4 came out, and the time and effort to develp the
project was well spent, not too complicated to setup and to test some of
the stuff I requested a quotation in Unity most of the stuff was already
there, and the node based editor was a life saver.

I perfectly know that with programming knowledge all those problems in
Unity could be easily solved, but I still find the workflow very tedious in
Unity...and I got easily bored with programming stuff, so in part its my
fault, in part the ICE-like setup of blueprints made things easier for me.

Currently in UE4 there are still some dumb things which they're still
broken/bugged, but at least I'm able to start and end a project without too
many issues or desperately ask for help ;)