That is what I tried BUT as soon as I animate blend to 0 arm goes back to
the point where it was constrained and not at the position where it is now
when I want it to stay. And also just adding keyframe on arm and then
removing weight is not working as well.
That is all source of the problem at first place. That weight isn't working
in maya as it is working in SI.  As you know you just splash keyframe  with
weight 1, move a frame splash keyframe and set weight 0 and arm would stay
at that position with no more constrain active.
But it seems that in maya you can't have both constrain AND keyframes on
same object??
ᐧ

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:11 PM, philipp seis <dpi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the SI "weight" of the constraint, i.e. parent constraint shows up under
> the contraining object as "blendparent" in your channel box.
> You can animate that to grab stuff. Good luck :)

>> Ok I'm dropping my towel...
>> Can anyone shed me some light on how to do this in maya:
>>
>> Hand IK constrained to object1
>> Then goes into FK keyframed animation
>> Then gets again IK constrained to object2
>>
>> Character is referenced ofc.
>>
>> With Softimage that is breeze and honestly I think I will just re-reg
>> this whole thing and finish in SI instead but just for the fun of it.
>> How do you do this in maya???
>> I can't even wrap my mind around how I got stuck in this crap.
>> It;s bin a while since I animated anything with switching constrains in
>> maya but it can't be this messy?
>>
>> Thanks
>> ᐧ
>>
>> ------
>> Softimage Mailing List.
>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>

> ------
> Softimage Mailing List.

Mirko Jankovic
*http://www.cgfolio.com/mirko-jankovic
<http://www.cgfolio.com/mirko-jankovic>*

Need to find freelancers fast?
www.cgfolio.com

Need some help with rendering an Redshift project?
http://www.gpuoven.com/