I got into modo, just because MAX licencenses were round 4k $. So I tried
it on the company I was working with at that time. I went trough a solid
-day and night even weekends- month watching Modo tutorials (without
installing the demo) just to get my mindset around what it did. 30 days
later I decided I was ready (Pathway: Modeling, Shading, Baking, Sculpting,
Schematics, Render Channels, Channel Haul, Rigging, Hair, Particles,
constraints) so I took it for a spin on a couple of projects, it delivered:
great lighting, rendering was fast, stable except for high poly count
assets.. But Animation was (still is?) a pain. Playback was sluggish even
with a brand new Quadro 4000 (new at the time) but I liked it because the
compo team used Nuke and we never suffered troubles for color space or
naming channels...I left the company and Modo as well. Brief experience.

I was watching a couple of HU videos, they all say: "you want to get into
the game, you need to learn how to code". So I guess this is a pretty nifty
time to ask "Where do I enroll to learn HU at a TD level?". I need to get
my head into coding. Where do I start? I know there should be graphical
math in the program - somewhere- as well as specific function driven
formulas.

I thinking (at the back of my mind) if I don´t get to know those things,
I´ll just be a HU ocean operator :( (at most).
So if anyone could help me out with some pointers....I´d deeply thank them.

I was at the top of the mountain with ICE. Took me 7 years to do so. Then
EOL.
I don´t want that with HU math.

Thanks.

:D