I don't think people put a gun to the guys head, it was all part of the
campaign that was running at the time. The general consensus was that the
axe had already been wielded and fallen on Softimage and this was just lip
service. But that wasn't the case, from my knowledge anyway. At that moment
in time, there was some good intention to push the product forward in order
to properly find it's place. I'm sure some people may have read between the
lines, but internally myself and others still believed there was a future.

The problem was the timeline of events has they unfolded.
The video and event was done for launching the 2014 product line in March
2013, but also around this time there was a management change, from that
changes happened and the EOL announcement was made, more or less a year
after Daniel had said it was ok. Personally and imo, I don't believe there
was ever an intention to deliberately mislead people, but certainly the
timeline can make it look that way. People can choose to believe that or
not.