Indeed I never managed to get fully where I wanted... as you can see VOPs was
missing, VEX, DOPs and so many other things but such were my limitations in
terms of knowledge and time.

Nevertheless I will suggest you take Andy’s comments and review them, he
certainly took the time to put some stuff in there that is worth keeping.

My take is, from what I saw is that you were using Houdini like me, as if it
was Softimage and sooner or later you will see (like I did) that it is better
to embrace it and just move on, many things are easier, others are not.

I hope you enjoy the ride. :-)
jb