On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 07:26:10AM -0700, Ted Lemon wrote:
> If you absolutely have to have the FQDN option, then get rid of the IP
> address option.    That eliminates the interoperability problem.   In
> any case, though, you need to issue a new draft.

As a B4 implementor, I reject the onerus requirement imposed to
contain a DNS recursive stub resolver in B4 equipment, and to
complicate the configuration of the B4 software to be conditional
on the success (through retries) of its resolution.

I will simply not use the IETF standard option in this case, and
continue to configure our B4 elements using a VSIO option.

The address option must be defined.  If a name option must also be
defined, then we must define the strict normative requirements to
permit software to navigate the confusion that having both impose.

--
David W. Hankins        BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer               There just aren't enough in our heads.