Dear Tomek,

Thank you for this clarification.

Providing the IP address in the option is not flexible enough and especially it
may not be recommended to achieve load balancing. Otherwise the DHCPv6 server
should act as a load balancer, which is not currently our preference.

To illustrate more the usage with the domain name option: The scenario I
mentioned (is similar to what currently done in some VoIP networks for
distributing customers among SBC nodes or P-CSCFs): you provide a generic FQDN
of the AFTR by the DHCP server together with a suffix in the dns serach list
option. When the B4 receives these two options, it will form a the FQDN to use
to resolve its AFTR. Then a query is sent to the DNS system (it can be
dedicated to the service), and based on the load considerations, the requesting
client is redirected to the appropriate AFTR nodes (i.e., an IP address is
returned).

With the sole IP address option we can not have such engineering flexibility
for the provisioning of the AFTR.

Having the two options allow for more flexibility for the engineering. IMHO,
the IETF should not impose engineering choice to SPs. It will be up to each
service provider to decide whether an IP address or a FQDN is more convenient
in his deployment context.

Hope this clarifies our concern.

Cheers,
Med