-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ted Lemon [mailto:ted.le...@nominum.com]
Envoyé : mardi 12 octobre 2010 15:50
À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed NCPI/NAD/TIP
Cc : Ralph Droms; draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-opt...@tools.ietf.org;
Ullio Mario; Chairs Dhc; Softwire Chairs; Softwires; Maglione Roberta
Objet : Re: [Softwires] DHCPv6 AFTR name option is needed

On Oct 11, 2010, at 10:42 PM, <mohamed.boucad...@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> Do you suggest the I-D should elaborate further on the FQDN use cases so this
> to be acceptable by the IESG?
>
> Chairs, how should we proceed? The version which passed the WG LC is not the
> 05.

I'm confused.   The current version of the draft is the -05 version, which
makes no mention of FQDNs.   You seem to be discussing the -04 version.
Presumably the -05 version is the one that's meant to be published, so why are
you discussing the -04 version?

If the name option is needed, then the right thing to do is to issue a new
draft.   Since the draft would be substantially changed, and in a way that's
contrary to the comments from the DHC working group, this would need to be
re-reviewed by the DHC working group, and would need a new last call in the
Softwires working group.

It would be entirely inappropriate for such a substantial change to be made
during IESG review without further review by the DHC and Softwires working
groups, and without another last call.

You would certainly need to explain the use case for the Name option--what
value it adds that is missing from the address option.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended
solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender.