Yonik Seeley skrev:
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de> wrote:
However, regarding a versioning-system, one always has to keep in mind
that an uncommited document is not guaranteed to be persisted in the index.

We now have durability via an update log.
With a recent nightly trunk build, you can send a document to solr w/o
committing, then kill -9 the JVM, then restart it and the log will be
used to recover that document (and you should be able to see it in the
Cool. We have a test doing exactly that - indexing 2000 documents into Solr, kill-9'ing Solr in the middle of the process, starting Solr again and checking that 2000 documents will eventually be searchable. It lights red as it is right now, but we are using a 4.0-SNAPSHOT from late december. We will try to update to newest code and see if it lights green :-) Do you have to do something to enable this log-and-recover feature, or does it just run out-of-the-box? Any documentation?
-Yonik
lucidimagination.com