>
> > "What will you have?" Lasiter said as he
> got up. "I'll cook. I can work a replicator
> better than anyone else." he
> said with a smile.
>
> She almost asked for a Caitian dish, but then
> realized the Hathor's
> replicator's might not be able to handle it.
> "Sirrrloin, medium rrrarre, with
> brrroccoli and rrrice pilaf," she said, "oh,
> and a cup of chammomile tea,
> please."
>
"You drink that stuff. No wonder you are a good fighter. That stuff
will kill ya." Chef Captain replied joking with the Vice Admiral.
>
> She rubbed at her eyes, realizing how tired she
> was. Most of her people were
> sleeping already. When she opened her eyes she
> saw the meal was before her.
> "Oh, thank you," she said with a small smile.
> She picked up her utensils and
> started in. "So, Captain, tell me about
> yourrrself."
>
He sat down with a plate of Sesame Chicken, and a cup of strong black tea.
"Not much of an interesting story. Academy grad, ranking in the bottom
third of my class. Worked about every thankless, crap job befitting someone
that graduated last in his class straight through until I made full
leiutenant. My commanding officer at the time was a newley promoted Captain
named Markus Garibaldi. He gave me a second chance. Actually, it was a first
chance, but that is another matter. He assigned me to security on a rotation
to serve under the son of a well placed admiral. The son was an idiot,
promoted because of his father. I was to keep him from killing people, and to
help him learn how to be a competent officer. I did just that. Had to
practically beat it in him too. After, I conned the poor bastard into
resolving our disagreements with a kendo match. Each time he made a mistake,
and I would correct him we would argue. Then we would have a kendo match to
settle it. I happened to study kendo as a child living in Japan where my
parents worked for a large company tech, so I had a small leg up on him. His
beatings got so bad that the CMO had to relieve him several times, and he
quickly learned to take the advice of others and to brush up on his
qualifications. For that strange 7 month assignment I was promoted to
Lt.Commander as Operations Manager. That was about 12 years ago. From there
my career, and reputation, has been built on taking the dirty little jobs that
no one wants any part of. That is actually how I got my command, some two and
half years ago. Starfleet needed some nut to command this rag tag crew on
this piece of crap ship. They figured I was perfect since I don't always
follow the book. Kind of a left handed compliment. Well, in six months this
reject crew and throw away captain had this ship in a condition that it had
not seen in years. Efficiency ratings rose 3 points above fleet average. All
it takes is finding the biggest bad ass and conning them into the kendo gym.
My exec, who came aboard about 3 months ago, still remembers his last
concussion. He got it 2 weeks ago, but don't let him fool you. He *IS* from
Japan and is technically better than I am. My luck comes from having a hell of
a lot more experience with a shinai (sp) than he does."
{response}