> >    "What's next, Admiral?"  Lasiter asked of
> > the Caitian.
> 
> "Well, firrrst of all, I will speak with yourrr
> fine crrrew and tell them how well they fought," she said with a smile. 
"And
> then we will need to have yourrr science officerrr worrrk with the Caitian
linguistics specialist on updating the trrranslatorr.  I would still
rrrecommend having a Caitian with
> the interrrogaterr, at least forrr the firrrst
> few, but once it's up to speed, yourrr people can help us in the
questioning."
> 
    "I have also asked my CMO to do a full biological scan of our guests to
send to your specialists on Cait.  At the very least it will be interesting to
see what they come up with."  He added.


> 
> "If you would be so kind to open a link to the
> whole ship?" she asked.
> 
    Throughout the ship the typical whistle that accompanied ships
announcements that the CO would give was sounded.  When it ended, Lasiter gave
Kitanya the cue that she was on.
> 
> "Crrrew of the Hathorrr, this is Vice Admirrral
> Kitanya.  As a commanding
> officerrr myself, I have come to deeply
> apprrreciate the honorrr of worrking
> with a fine crrrew.  The teams that fought so
> well on the felinid ships would
> not have been able to do what they did without
> the supporrrt of the fighting
> crrrew of the Hathorrr.  You have done myself,
> yourrr captain, and all of
> Starrrfleet prrroud today.  I am honorrred to
> be able to worrrk with you, and
> grrrateful that such warrriorrs still exist in
> the Federrration.  That is
> all."  She nodded for Black to cut the channel.
> 
     With the channel closed Lasiter and the Admiral could return to their
conversation.  

     "Thank you, sir.  I am sure that a few will outwardly grumble at what you
said as pandering to their egos or worse, but inside they will be overjoyed
that an officer of your calibre and reputation has taken notice of their
performance.  I am greatful, sir."

   {response}

    "Perhaps we should eat and enjoy some down time before the interrogations
begin in earnest."

  {response}

Reply via email to