> >      "Thank you, sir.  I am sure that a few
> > will outwardly grumble at what you said as
> pandering to their egos or worse,
> but inside they will be overjoyed that an
> officer of your calibre and
> reputation has taken notice of their
> performance.  I am greatful, sir."
> 
> "I rrreally am honorrred to serrrve with you
> and yourrr crrrew," she replied. 
> "I once serrrved underrr a captain a lot like
> you.  We werrre a motley bunch,
> but we made a good team."
> 
> >     "Perhaps we should eat and enjoy some
> down
> > time before the interrogations begin in
> ernest."
> 
> She wasn't really hungry; she had letters to
> write.  But she would not turn
> down his hospitality; she was raised better
> than that.  "Thank you," she
> replied.  "The teams arrre getting theirrr
> rrrest, I suppose I should rrrelax
> a little too.  The unpleasant duties can wait a
> little longerrr."
> 
     "What will you have?" Lasiter said as he got up.  "I'll cook.  I can work
a replicator better than anyone else." he said with a smile.

   {response}

Reply via email to