Dennis Gilmore wrote:
if this is a git snapshot then you have not named it correctly. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Snapshot_packages you only need to provide tarballs for official releases. which your packages look like.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/SourceURL#Using_Revision_Control
when ive needed to ship straight from source control ive used a script and put that in the package.

It is not git snapshots (those are the .git.sha1). It is normal official package. But the question is if this version will be in Spacewalk 0.3? I do not know. And neither I, you or Fedora should care, 'cos fedora take package independently.

But I did not want or wanted to discuss this specific bug. I wanted to discuss tar.gz in general.

Note that you need to maintain the spec file in Fedora's cvs once its in. you can keep a copy in git but you need to be aware that people might make modifications to the spec, at times.
I know.

On that note there is room on fedora hosted for tarballs. but only officially released ones should go there.

What is officially? Every package I made is offically. I usually create several officially package. Can you please tell me how can I put it on fedora hosted? I mean on daily bases.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat