Von: "Pau Garcia Quiles" <pau.gar...@suse.com>
An: "spacewalk-devel" <spacewalk-devel@redhat.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2020 12:54:37
Betreff: Re: [Spacewalk-devel] Spacewalk on RHEL8 - Step 3 completed - YUM
replacement

Hi Stefan

In Uyuni we are using zypper instead of yum or dnf. I guess Neal Gompa, who is
working on making Uyuni available on Fedora without zypper, may be interested.
[
https://github.com/uyuni-project/uyuni/blob/master/backend/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/yum_src.py

https://github.com/uyuni-project/uyuni/blob/master/backend/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/yum_src.py
 ]

BTW, in Uyuni we have recently made some optimizations in reposync that led to
a 600% performance increase. I don't how portable they are to Spacewalk. Here's
a video explaining how the developer attacked the problem, in case you are
curious:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7TtYVv6DM&feature=youtu.be |
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7TtYVv6DM&feature=youtu.be ]

Thank you

Pau Garcia Quiles
SUSE Manager Product Owner & Technical Project Manager
SUSE Software Solutions Spain